Our Story So Far
Annee played in quite a few bands in the 2000s but got tired of singing the same old covers that all the bands were playing. What she was looking for was something different. She decided to start up Annee 2CU as a band with outstanding musicianship complementing her amazing vocals. She wanted to play different covers to what was being performed by other bands. In 2009 the name was used temporarily for a gig with Tim Biggs on guitar, Roy Warren on bass and Phil Barker on drums with Annee on lead vocals.The evening was a great success but Annee still felt it was not the right direction. In 2010, Annee played at the Bay of Islands Jazz & Blues Festival. It was a result of this event that Annee realized that she had found the genre that made her soul and vocals passionate and she decided that the band would be blues oriented. Eight years later, the band is going strong.
We are working on our own originals but have taken many other artists' songs and made them into our own style with a twist of blues.
Annee 2CU Blues Band is influenced by the music of especially Gary Moore, Alvin Lee, Johnny Copeland, and Robert Cray, as well as by Stevie Ray Vaughan, Eddy Clearwater, Big Mama Thornton, BB King, Jimmy Reed, Smokin' Joe Kubek, Paul Butterfield, Koko Taylor, John Lennon, Paul McCartney, Gregg Allman, Sam Cooke, Sister Rosetta Tharpe and Etta James.
CURRENT BAND MEMBERS - Annee, Tim, Marcus & Patrick
PAST BAND MEMBERS
Roy Warren, Phil Barker, Richard Davis, Alex Sarte, Gavin Davies, Marvin Smith, Derwent Gordon, Bryce Sholson, Jeff Mackrell, Peter Clarke, Dave Wilkinson, Noel Kirkwood , Gary Goodwin, Dwayne Robinson, Gary Brooker, Mike McMinn, Arvind Dayal, Nick Dooner, Kevin Millar, Colin Wilding, Colin Marten, Tony B, John Wilkes, Damian Roje, Toby Smith, Roger Hughes, Bill Farrell & Pete Ludlow.
Some of the venues that Annee 2CU has played at:
- Atawhai Beach Resort, Paihia, NZ
- Blake Park (Blues, Brews & Barbeque), Mt Maunganui, Tauranga, NZ
- Claddagh Irish Bar, Newmarket, Auckland, NZ
- Comfort Inn, Paihia, NZ
- Duke of Marlborough Hotel, Russell, NZ
- Fort Takapuna (Bikes, BBQs & Blues), Devonport, Auckland, NZ
- Hilly Bar, Lynfield, Auckland, NZ
- Hobsonville Yacht Club, Hobsonville, Auckland, NZ
- Hotel Paihia, Paihia, NZ
- Hururu Falls Resort, Haruru Falls, NZ
- Manurewa Cosmopolitan Club, Manurewa, Auckland, NZ
- North Shore Cosmopolitan, Albany, Auckland, NZ
- Paihia Pacific Resort, Paihia, NZ
- Silverdale RSA, Whangaparaoa, NZ
- TMO Bar, Paihia, NZ